Lost-sampler is a digital Lofi effect.
Developed at the end the 20th century, digital memory is the most recent medium used for music reproduction. First samplers used low bitdepth digital memory and low samplerate digital-analog converter.
Lost-sampler is intended to track down the distortion of these first samplers, through their main digital artefacts like jitter, subsampling and bitcrushing. Plugins can be used mainly on instruments (like guitar, vocals or keyboards.), but also on stem track like drum-kit or stacked chord track.
Good to know, with the bitcrusher section, the more the input signal amplitude is large, the less there is distortion. Conversely on subsampling section, higher frequency content lead to frequency foldback (aliasing).
- Stutter button allow to repeat randomly the running audio signal. It can be reverse with a negative length value.
- Bitdepth buttons affect the amplitude resolution of the audio signal. A low bitdepth creates an audible quantisation noise.
- Subsamplig section add classing metalic aliasing distortion.
- Length stretchout the loop or stutter memory. Negative length reverse the memorised sound.
- Artifact add glitch and increase noise.
- Depth increase the jitter effect.
- Rate increase jitter frequency
- Stereo mode add unique wide stereo (especialy effective on synth lead or electric keyboard).
- Resizable Gui
- Low cpu consumption
- Built-in preset
- Operatings systems : Windows 7/8/10/11 – Linux 64bit – MacOs
- Plugin format : VST3 – AudioUnit
- Audio host buffer size : [128, 256, 512, 1024]
- Sampling frequency : [44.1KHz ; 192KHz]
- FLStudio user please set fixed buffer length from plugin setting window, activate Processing>Use fixed size buffers!