LoFi effects allows you to obtain vintage aka old-school sound. Lost-Tapes effect is based on tape emulation, but do not claim to model any hardware model.
Lost-tapes modify with character your sound with state of the art algorithms. Plugins can be used mainly on instruments (like guitar, vocals or keyboards.), but also on stem track like drum-kit or stacked chord track.
Good to know, as an analog hardware tape recorder, more the input signal amplitude is large, more harmonic distortion is high.
- Tape-type buttons affects mainly the frequency bandwith.
- Artifact add glitch and increase distorsion.
- Depth increase the tape effect.
- Rate increase flutter frequency
- Crunch button add more harmonic distorsion.
- Mix effect allow you to mix dry sound and effected sound to obtain a kind of Chorus.
- Noise slider allow you to increase noise volume.
- Stereo mode add unique wide stereo (especialy effective on synth lead or electric keyboard).
- Resizable Gui
- Strong anti-aliasing algorithm
- Low cpu consumption
- Built-in preset
- Operatings systems : Windows 7/8/10/11 – Linux 64bit – MacOs (Intel only)
- Plugin format : VST3 – AudioUnit
- Audio host buffer size : [64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048]
- Sampling frequency : [44.1KHz ; 192KHz]
- Windows : Extract the .zip on your VST plugin folder, default path is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
- On windows 7/8 you might need to install « universal runtime library » available from Windows update
- Linux : Extract the .zip on your VST plugins folder, default path depend of your distribution.
- If you don’t know your path check it on your DAW preferences.
- Copy the whole vst folder not just .so
- Install default path:
- AU USER PATH : ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
- AU SYSTEM PATH : Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
- VST USER PATH. : ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3
- VST SYSTEM PATH: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3
- Install default path:
- Catalina issue: To launch an un-signed application go into System Preferences > Privacy & Security where the application is listed and you can “Allow anyway”. »
LostTapes_1v12_Win64 Version1.1.2 Sha-1 Lost-tapes.vst3: 9C9656FEB9AEF501A10375FBCDCCF7AB3C216247
LostTapes_Linux Version1.0.2 Sha-1 Lost-tapes.zip: 8B1EE44D9394E0504EEC201494E41FD3A5D3FB8E
MacOs (Intel Only)
Lost-Tapes_MacOS_IntelOnly Version 1.0.3_VST & 1.04_AU Sha-1 Lost-tapes.zip: